Tree Emergencies

How to Report a Tree Emergency

Call 911
If a tree falls during a storm and it’s blocking a road, or it has fallen on a house, car or other property, CALL 911.

Arborists from Philadelphia Parks & Recreation are on-call to respond to tree emergencies. They will come out to remove hazards and any part of a tree that is an immediate risk to public safety. Other parts of the tree that don’t pose an immediate risk (such as tree trunks and stumps) will be removed at a later time so crews can focus on other safety hazards around the city.

Read About Downed
Trees on

Call 311

For non-emergency tree requests, submit a request through Philly 311. You can reach 311 many ways, see below:

  • Phone: Dial 3-1-1. For those with VOiP (Voice over Internet Protocol) or outside of Philadelphia dial 215-686-8686. The Call Center is open Monday-Friday from 8am-8pm, excluding City holidays.
  • Website: Submit a request online at
  • Mobile Application: Download the free Philly 311 mobile app from the app store via a smart device (phone, tablet, etc.).
  • Social Media: Ask a question or submit a request using Facebook or Twitter.
  • Email: Send questions or requests to [email protected].
  • Walk-in Center: The Philly 311 Walk-in Center in City Hall Room 167 is open Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm excluding City holidays.

After submitting a request, you will be provided with a reference number to track the status of your request by calling the Call Center, or visiting the Philly 311 website or mobile app.

If a tree has fallen on electrical wires, call PECO’s emergency line

For non-emergency private property tree trimming around electrical wires, use this PECO request form.

Read About PECO
Wires and Trees