Request a Tree for Your Property
Property owners who want a street tree within a shorter timespan are encouraged to hire a certified arborist at their own expense. All street tree plantings must be done by certified arborists with a permit obtained from Philadelphia Parks & Recreation.
Request QualifiedContractors List
View Approved Streettree Species List
- Request our Qualified Contractors list and select a contractor to work with.
- Your contractor must obtain a tree planting permit from Philadelphia Parks & Recreation by calling our Street Tree Management office at (215) 685-4362.
- PPR Street Tree Inspectors will inspect your property and either approve or deny your planting request based on sidewalk space and underground utilities.
- If your planting is approved, your contractor must select a species from our Approved Street Tree Species list.
- Your contractor will plant your tree, including cutting a sidewalk pit if there is not an existing one.